Capture The Forest on one of the best teams at the festival! The UnMEDIAted Content Program is an open audition to join the 2019 Electric Forest Content Crew and work on your own special assignment.
All interested content creators are invited to submit a unique project that is custom-created to capture the spirit of The Forest outside of Rothbury, and to propose what they would capture at Electric Forest 2019. HQ’s favorite projects will be shared with the Forest Family, with one content creator will be selected to capture their vision on site.
PLEASE NOTE ALL CONTENT SUBMITTED MUST BE ORIGINAL CONTENT MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS PROJECT.
How to Apply
Step 1: Go out into the world around you and create a concept that reflects your artistic ability and the type of scenes you hope to capture at this year’s event. You don’t have to visit a forest, you don’t have to shoot a concert – show us how Electric Forest inspires you, in whatever context you like.
Step 2: Upload your gallery to the internet, either with Dropbox, Google Drive, or a personal portfolio page.
Step 3: Share your favorite concepts with the hashtag #EF2019Content on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, or wherever your wild internets roam, and tag Electric Forest so we can see it!
Step 4: Send your gallery to HQ via the application form.
HQ will provide:
- Two (2) GA Camping Wristbands to Electric Forest 2019 (one for you and one for a guest)
- One (1) Appropriate Content Pass (to be used alongside your GA Wristband)
- Your photos from The Forest shared throughout the year on Electric Forest digital platforms!
Submissions will be accepted for review March 16 – April 19, 2019 at 11:59pm ET. The photographer will be selected and announced in May of 2019.
Judged by: The Media Team
Judgement method: By selecting and comparing best galleries
50% Photographer aesthetic
30% Image quality
20% Photographer’s proposed focus at event
- All content must be specifically created for this assignment – no selections from your back catalog are allowed.
- Gallery must consist of at least 10 images, videos, or creative pieces.
- Content should represent the artistic contribution you desire to make on the EF Content Team (i.e. if you will photoshop your images, photoshop them, if you want to make .gifs, make .gifs). Try to give us the best representation of your skills and aesthetic.
- Watermarks are acceptable on your gallery submissions, provided they cover no more than 5% of the frame.
- Electric Forest may elect to use the final selected gallery beyond sharing it with the Forest Family.
- You must have the permission of any models you use to use their images or videos for this program.
- Your gallery must feature content and ideas that you own all the rights to, or have permission to use.
- You must be able to provide and maintain your own photo/video gear on site at Electric Forest. No lock up will be provided.
- Finalist will agree to provide a gallery of 30+ unwatermarked, high resolution captured content no later than July 13th, 2019, and will grant the full rights of their work to Electric Forest.
- Electric Forest is not obligated to credit the UnMEDIAted Content Winner after the initial post of their full gallery.
- HQ reserves the right to share your work on EF digital media, we may also publicly list, link, or embed your gallery for the EF community to view.