Art Installation Sponsorship
Each year, The Forest reimagines itself with new art, fresh experiences, and a healthy dose of inspiration. The Art Installation Sponsorship program is the chance to bring dreams sparked by The Forest to life.
For the seventh year in a row, builders and artists are invited to bring something new to Electric Forest – in The Hangar, greeting the Forest Family, in Tripolee field, on Main Street, or even, in very select circumstances, in Sherwood Forest itself!
Multiple installations may be chosen to receive anywhere from $1.00 to $5000.00 in funding, and up to five (5) working credentials to bring their art to life at Electric Forest 2019. Keep in mind, The Forest is looking for projects of all sizes and costs – small, medium, and large installations will be considered and awarded accordingly.
Many Art Installation Sponsorship winners now have their art featured as Forest staples year after year. Recognize the Ocular Organ or Fairies In The Forest? Both of these mystical art installations are brought to you by previous Art Installation Sponsorship winners! Become an integral part of The Forest and apply now!
HQ will provide:
- A grant of between $1.00 and $5000.00 towards the costs of building your installation
- Working credentials for a build team of up to five (5) people
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner provided for your team during your setup and teardown, and vendor vouchers provided on festival days
- A liaison for your team to assist with any production needs
- Power hookup for your installation
- A footprint within Electric Forest or campgrounds for your piece
- A build timeline with benchmarks and deadlines to help you stay on track
- An introduction into the world of Electric Forest art, bringing more opportunity to expose yourself as artists
Submissions will be accepted for review January 30 – March 10, 2019. Follow up materials may be requested after that time. Final projects will be selected and announced in March, 2019.
Judged by: The Festival Art Directors
Judgement method: By reviewing & ranking proposals
30% Appropriateness for event
20% Ease of execution onsite / plan
- The submission process is private. HQ will share only the concept of the final projects once they have been selected and confirmed.
- You are encouraged to imagine a place for your installation outside of Sherwood Forest.
- The program will require you to meet many benchmarks and deadlines in your build process, months in advance of the event.
- The onsite time commitment varies. Please only apply if an onsite commitment of up to 10 days is not a problem for your entire team.
- You must provide your own transport to and from the event.
- Your art installation must be a piece created specifically for Electric Forest, that debuts for the first time at Electric Forest.
- The art piece may not feature fire, pyrotechnics, food or beverages, drug references, or any dangerous aspects.
- If installation is structural in nature (you can climb on it or go inside it), please budget for review by an engineer that you source locally. (Proof of structural integrity will be required).
- Please ensure that your team will be professional and committed to meeting all requirements. Installation timeline and protocols for delivering materials to the site will need to be in strict compliance with the EF Site Operations Department festival-wide installation timeline. Failure to comply will be cause for early dismissal, forfeiture of the opportunity to showcase the installation in the Forest, and forfeiture of your funding.
How to Apply
Applications are now open. After the initial submission period, you may be contacted to move forward in the review process by submitting additional information (a complete budget, digital sketches, etc.)
STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE ART INSTALLATION SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM AT ELECTRIC FOREST 2019.
Previous Art Installation Winners
Find Your Wings
The Night Lily
The Pisces Pool
The Ocular Organ
Fairies in The Forest
The Looking Glass
Domo Arigato Mr Reflecto
Cerebrum, Electric Garden, and Dream Garden