The Movement Performer Plug In Program
Show your talent and Plug In as an official festival movement-based performer.
Pop-up performances and merriment flutter throughout The Forest, earn the opportunity to be featured through one grand talent showcase.
Those who may consider this program include…
- Skilled dance performers
- Contortionists and acrobats
- Skilled flow arts performers (hula hoop, poi, staff, etcetera)
- Magicians and mimes
- Any movement-based act that requires little production and is fit for both the stage and pop up performances on the festival grounds
2020 THEME – YOUR JOURNEY TO THE PRESENT
The 2020 Movement Performer Theme focuses on capturing stories that transcend time and capture strength in a moment. Submit a Movement Performer application that expresses your experience to the present. Celebrate Decade One by sharing your journey.
Sample topics of journeys worth 1,000 words:
Your journey to Electric Forest
A moment of awakening
When you fell in love
A profound dream
When you rose above circumstances
A pivotal moment of artistic Inspiration
When we see ourselves captured in a moment of time, we reflect on our journey to that moment and who we have become today.
We find meaning in our stories when many see only chaos…
- One (1) Wristband per participant: this wristband allows you access to the same areas as all official festival performers
- Artist camping: performers will camp, inspire, and enjoy EF together (must provide your own camping gear!)
- One parking pass will be provided per performer
- Food Vouchers: You will receive vendor meal vouchers for 2 meals per day Thurs-Sun. You must provide your own third meal.
- Troupe Leader will offer creative exchange and support pre-event and on-site
Video auditions will be accepted from February 2 – March 20, 2020 at 11:59 pm ET. The Performers will be selected and announced in April, 2020.
Judged by: The Plug In team and Performer Coordinator
Judgement method: By reviewing videos and comparing the best auditions
40% Stage Presence
20% Costume & Theme
The 2020 Performer Coordinator
Noah Moore has spent his life amassing seemingly useless skills to entertain any audience. From streets, stages, festivals, circus tents, casinos, and even Cirque Du Soleil special events, Noah strives to unite audiences across the globe in a shared magic moment. Wittiness, object manipulation, acrobatics, balance and muscles are this troubadour’s weapons of choice. Years of organizing performance tours and coaching youth circus programs showed Noah the exponential increase in quality that accompanies a cohesive troupe, beyond a solo performance. At this year’s Electric Forest, Noah will guide a full spectrum of talent as it coalesces into a symbiotic performance organism that prowls the woods, enveloping all in stunningly sexy silliness.
- Your audition video must meet all of the following requirements – videos that do not follow guidelines will not be considered!
- Introduce yourself, your medium, and your concept to the camera. Show lots of big personality and large moves – appropriate for winning minds and hearts in The Forest!
- Video must be 3 minutes or less
- Performance must reflect the theme in your costume choice, music choice, and character
- Video does not have to be taken in one shot, although it must offer a good sense of your stage-ready act. Show a developed concept and amazing movement skills more than your video editing skills
- Submissions must be in video format only
- Partner acts are welcome
- You may use props, music, post-production effects, and other people in the video
- You must physically be the person featured in your audition video. We need to see you!
- You must agree to take this role seriously and consider yourself a high profile part of the event
- Please upload your videos to youtube ONLY
- This is not an appropriate program for musical acts
JOIN THE NEW ELECTRIC FOREST PLUG IN FACEBOOK GROUP TO CONNECT WITH OTHERS WHO ARE INSPIRED TO PLUG IN & DO MORE WITH THE FOREST!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE ELECTRIC FOREST NEWSLETTER FOR UPDATES ON 2020 PLUG IN PROGRAMS