The Monarchy Project offers the opportunity to lead at Electric Forest for the people, with the people. Gather with your Forest Family Flock to contribute, be involved, and make a difference at Electric Forest 2019.
The search for The Monarchy of Electric Forest 2019 has begun! If you would like to be considered for this high honor, consider what you and your crew would bring to The Forest that it doesn’t already have.
In previous years, individual Monarchs have focused on missions from healthy eating and sustainability, to scavenger hunts and hydration. What would you and your crew do to impact all forest-kind?
The Monarchy offers the opportunity to bring your vision to The Forest!
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE MONARCHY
If your Fleet is selected as the Official Monarchy of Electric Forest 2019, you are challenged to work with Forest HQ to impact a specific aspect of the festival. As true leaders of the event, you must find ways to inspire the masses and make the experience better for all. Create and show the Forest Family how we can come together to achieve, progress, and prosper at a higher level, together.
The Monarchy should identify its participants with roles – this is an opportunity to designate Kings, Queens, Princes, Princesses, Dukes, Duchesses, and Court Jesters… and the equal opportunity to create a new standard of how The Monarchy should be structured. Be prepared to implement your plan on site at Electric Forest – remember that The Monarchy is both an honor and a responsibility.
- One (1) Good Life Village Camping Wristband for each member of The Monarchy to Electric Forest, so that you and your court can work together to make the vision a reality.
- Early arrival to Electric Forest 2019
- The support of HQ to make your vision reality!
- A photo of your legion will appear as the 2019 Monarchy on the Electric Forest website.
Video applications from potential Monarchs will be accepted February 1 – March 15, 2019. The Monarchy will be announced in April 2019!
Judged by: The Plug In Team
Judgement method: Candidate and plan of execution review
HOW TO ENTER
Answer one question: “What will you and your crew bring to The Forest to make an impact?”
While the question is general, there are a few guidelines on how to answer…
- Create a 2-5 minute video interview of your Monarchy. You must form a Monarchy consisting of four (4) to eight (8) people with defined roles. Present yourselves, your idea, and your plan of execution by answering the following:
- Who are you and where are you from? Introduce your crew and define your roles. (Who are your Kings, Queens, Princes, Princesses, Dukes, Duchesses, and Court Jesters? Feel free to restructure the system and define your own unique roles!)
- How many years have you attended the festival?
- Give HQ the pitch – what would you like to accomplish, change, impact, or create in The Forest, and why?
- Give HQ some ideas – what are some of the ways you’d like to manifest the goodness you just spoke about?
- Upload your video to Youtube with the title “Electric Forest 2019 Monarchy Audition”. Please, no Facebook videos! With the privacy settings, HQ can’t see them.
- Share your video on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you like, both on your own page, and on Forest pages or tagging HQ! Spread the word about your positive vision for The Forest and use the hashtag #EF2019Monarchy
- Submit your video below, and answer a couple questions while you’re at it.
- Forest HQ may contact you for a follow-up interview to discuss your project!
- Video must be sincere and an obvious product of royalty.
- Video length must not exceed 5 minutes.
- Submissions must be in video format only.
- You and your consort must apply together, and please be sure to mention each individual’s role within your Monarchy.
- You may use props, music, post-production effects, and other people in the video.
- You must physically be the people featured in your audition video. We need to see you!
- You must agree to take this role seriously and consider yourself a high profile part of the event.
- You must agree to work with the EF staff for months in advance of the event.