Capture The Forest with Electric Forest’s Official Video Crew! If you are excited by the idea of hands-on learning with the official video team and producing your own special video assignment at Electric Forest 2019, read on!
All who are interested are invited to submit a unique video project that is custom-shot to capture the spirit of The Forest outside of Rothbury, and to propose what they would capture in their special video assignment at Electric Forest 2019. HQ’s favorite video projects will be shared with the Forest Family, with one videographer selected to join the video team!
PLEASE NOTE ALL VIDEOS SUBMITTED MUST BE ORIGINAL CONTENT MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS PROJECT.
How to Apply
Step 1: Go out into the world around you and create a 1-3 minute video that reflects your artistic ability and the type of scenes you hope to capture at this year’s event. You don’t have to visit a forest, you don’t have to shoot a concert – show us how Electric Forest inspires you, in whatever context you like.
Step 2: Upload your video. Your video must be hosted on Youtube. Galleries hosted on alternative sites will not be considered.
Step 3: Share your video with the hashtag #EF2019Videographer on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, or wherever your wild internets roam, and tag Electric Forest so we can see it! (For better reach on these platforms, please feel free to upload your video directly to them – it is only the video you submit to HQ that must be on youtube.)
Step 4: Send your video to HQ via the application form!
HQ will provide:
- Two (2) GA Camping Wristbands to Electric Forest 2019 (one for you and one for a guest)
- One (1) Video Team Pass (to be used alongside your GA Wristband)
- Your video from The Forest shared on Electric Forest digital platforms!
Submissions will be accepted for review March 16 – April 19, 2019 at 11:59pm ET. The videographer will be selected and announced in May of 2019.
Judged by: The Media Team
Judgement method: By selecting and comparing best videos
50% Video aesthetic
30% Video quality
20% Videographer’s proposed focus at event
- All videos must be specifically shot for this assignment – no selections from your back catalog are allowed.
- Video must be at least one (1) minute, but not more than three (3) minutes long.
- Your Video should represent the artistic contribution you desire to make on the EF Video Team (i.e. if you will add graphics and special effects, do that in your audition video too). Try to give us the best representation of your skill and aesthetic.
- Watermarks are acceptable on your video submission, provided they cover no more than 5% of the frame.
- This is not an application for photographers. No photo submissions will be considered. Those wishing to capture photo should apply to the unMEDIAted Photographer program.
- While digital manipulation and stills are allowed, the primary format must be moving video.
- Electric Forest may elect to use the final selected video beyond sharing it with the Forest Family.
- You must have the permission of any models you use to use their likeness for this program.
- Your video must feature images, music, and ideas that you own all the rights to, or have permission to use.
- You must be able to provide and maintain your own HDR video gear on site at Electric Forest. No lock up will be provided.
- Finalist will agree to provide a 1920×1080 video file no later than July 13th, 2019, and will grant the full rights of their work to Electric Forest.
- HQ reserves the right to share your work on EF digital media, we may also publicly list, link, or embed your video for the EF community to view.